Skip to main content

Slaying Dragons and other Little Things - 1 Minute Devotion

  Are you already up this morning? Are you singing with the birds or trying to grab on to your coffee mug handle with all your might? Are you chipper and chirping dawning tunes or trying to grasp the notion, “another hectic day”. Whatever your aura may be, start your day with God. Touch God’s spiritual cloak and feel your spirit arise. Your “mood ring” will then color with strength. 

Arise, warriors! Arise, dragon slayers! Arise, task doers! Do you have big chores or teeny to-do’s? Conquer your day with a “knightly” mindset. Armor up, tack your horse, and ride into the day! 

Men or the day’s obstacles...what can they do to you? Who or what can be against you, if God is for you? No one or nothing. God has given you the ability to slay dragons and other little things. He will protect your trail from the dragon’s fiery breath. 

Who or what can come against us? God will equip you to push through daily forces. He will suit you with a “slay the day” sheath. 

From fire-breathing monsters to little Leprechaun lists, nothing can get in the way of God’s destination for you. 

Now go! you dragon slayers and task doers. Tackle your day knowing God is for you! 

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? - Romans 8-31 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Warrior

    Everyone goes through trials and tribulations, even unbelievers.   The Bible says, “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” Matthew 5:45.   I’ve been through the ‘loss trial’.   I lost my dad over 8 years ago and that feeling of hurt broke my ‘feeling bones’ and broke my heart.   My heart is wounded and my soul is scarred.   The journey of grief made me a stronger woman in the Lord.   It was a long, tiresome path to regularity and a different happiness.   My dad was the rock of our family, but we have to remember God is our true rock. He is our deliverer from pain and suffering.   Dads on this vapor-like earth are for a moment in time.   We have to remember God is our heavenly, everlasting Father.   I have also felt the ‘abandonment tribulation’.   No, my mom and dad didn’t leave me on a cold doorstep, but many people on t...

Pine Heart Roots

  On a Friday afternoon, I packed the car and my mom and I drove down Sea Blue Lane.   Our destination was Pine Prairie, Louisiana.   Wheels rolled down blacktop while music notes rocked and rolled through the Malibu.   We sped through Lafayette and entered “Country Land”.   As I passed by horses, my eyes lit up with little girl joy, as usual.   Cows grazed as clouds speckled their backs.   The bayous were fading behind us as pine trees started to grow in their place.   The scenery was refreshing, renewing our minds with fresh crawfish waters.   We finally arrived at my cousin, Dana’s house and parked upon O’Banion territory.   I needed to strip my bark of “stress needles” and regrow peace around my “pine heart”.       I was feeling distant from my dad.   Year after year, the roughness I once felt on his hand was smoothing.   He is branded in my heart, but I needed that brand to be lit under fire ...

Maybe...

  One routine day, my friend asked me if I wanted to meet for lunch.   Of course, I said, “Yes”.   I mean what girl could pass up pancakes?   And, of course, girl talk?   With strawberry cheesecake pancakes on my mind and sweet syrup conversation, we sat down and talked at IHOP.   Little did I know, the dollop of whip cream information she would lay out on the fluffy hotcakes.   She preceded to say that she knew a Christian man who loved God and his family.   Could this mysterious man be the creamer to my coffee?   She also threw on the blueberries that he played bass on the worship team at their church.   Sounds like a man I’d like to sing a tune with.   A little more information was exchanged of the mystical man and I thought to myself...maybe I’d divvy up the cards.   God has always led me in the right direction and maybe this meeting was the door to love.   We talked a little while more over steaming java about ...