Skip to main content

48 Years...a Love that has no End Date

  Let’s talk about an unraveled braid of love. Let’s talk about a love that spans over the seas, white Magnolia Trees, and beyond the twinkle stars. Let’s talk about a love that doesn’t end and has never charred. It’s a love that has no expiration date. I’ve witnessed this phenomenal phenomena, the truest form of adoration...my mom and my dad’s relationship. 

Today would of been their 48th Wedding Anniversary. Even though, my dad has been gone for more than 11 years, I know without doubt, he’d be placing a flower order at Viviano’s. I know he would of acted on his chivalry with knightly gestures. I know he would of adorned my mom with romanticism. My mom and dad would of dressed dapperly and made their honoring entrance at a restaurant. They would of doted, dazzled, and casted smiles. Cards would of been exchanged and more devotion would of been tenderly traded. 

This type of passion travels through travesties.   It conquers death and keeps marching. Memories are pondered at the piety pond. It’s a love that will never die. It will never bank or bend...steady on and steady fervor flow. It’s a type a love that was shot from Cupid’s bow. 

My mom and dad’s love for one another was of divinity. Days were divine, spunky, and vivaciously vined. Cheerful hearts galavanted throughout the years, so did a few speck of tears. Ah, but the tears dried and forgiveness trampled pride. The “Bob and Sandy” tapestry was always mended and stately stitched.

How does a love like this endure? God. 

God brought my mom and dad together and let no man put asunder. Yes, times were tempted and love was tested, but God bolstered their bond braid. The relationship ravished with rooted rose bushes. Rosy resilience couldn’t be cut down. My mom and dad’s love will forever be perched upon shelves and graced upon. Ah, but a love that has no end date. 

Happy 48th Anniversary, Mom...and Dad! 

“That’s the kind of love your mom and I have.” - my dad stated while watching the secret wedding scene on “Braveheart” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Warrior

    Everyone goes through trials and tribulations, even unbelievers.   The Bible says, “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” Matthew 5:45.   I’ve been through the ‘loss trial’.   I lost my dad over 8 years ago and that feeling of hurt broke my ‘feeling bones’ and broke my heart.   My heart is wounded and my soul is scarred.   The journey of grief made me a stronger woman in the Lord.   It was a long, tiresome path to regularity and a different happiness.   My dad was the rock of our family, but we have to remember God is our true rock. He is our deliverer from pain and suffering.   Dads on this vapor-like earth are for a moment in time.   We have to remember God is our heavenly, everlasting Father.   I have also felt the ‘abandonment tribulation’.   No, my mom and dad didn’t leave me on a cold doorstep, but many people on t...

Pine Heart Roots

  On a Friday afternoon, I packed the car and my mom and I drove down Sea Blue Lane.   Our destination was Pine Prairie, Louisiana.   Wheels rolled down blacktop while music notes rocked and rolled through the Malibu.   We sped through Lafayette and entered “Country Land”.   As I passed by horses, my eyes lit up with little girl joy, as usual.   Cows grazed as clouds speckled their backs.   The bayous were fading behind us as pine trees started to grow in their place.   The scenery was refreshing, renewing our minds with fresh crawfish waters.   We finally arrived at my cousin, Dana’s house and parked upon O’Banion territory.   I needed to strip my bark of “stress needles” and regrow peace around my “pine heart”.       I was feeling distant from my dad.   Year after year, the roughness I once felt on his hand was smoothing.   He is branded in my heart, but I needed that brand to be lit under fire ...

Leather Legacies

    One country night, long ago, I sat and watched “Braveheart” with my dad.   The movie was about the brave warrior, William Wallace, who wanted to free Scotland from the English vice.   I sat there, clinching at the coach with my eyes spying at the TV, then my hand.   Other climatic moments, I galloped to my room as if I was a war horse myself.   I fled to my room, to escape the truth of how excruciating war pain was.   I thought, what silver courage and brawn hearts these men had.   They rode into battle, knowing the solemn certainty, death.   The death they faced was wrenching and wrought with agony.   They fought hand-to-hand combat, fighting, clawing for their lives and land.   They fought with swords and other weapons that would make your core chatter with anguish.   I sought comfort once more in my room for the final debilitating scene.   I could not watch the torture William Wallace had to endure.   I ...