Skip to main content

God knows every Sparrow that Lives and Falls

Life can bellow beauty and whirlwinds of wonderment. Eyes are enchanted by sparkle-stars that dot-to-dot the sky like pearlescent polka-dots. Sights are bright with sunshine rays, speckling the month of merry May. 


Life is a diamond encapsulated by rough rock. 


I found a diamond amidst my mom’s backyard a few days ago. It was a sweet sparrow sight. Baby birds slept comfortably in an ornate nest. A corner in the wooden fence, made for a comfy, hay-like home. Tiny yellow beaks timely silent, then chirp-chanting for mama’s nourishment. The god-given gift nourished my soul with joy. 


My “joy diamond” turned into a solemn rock a few days later. My mom told me that the baby sparrows died. They fell out of their nest, now being nestled by the cold ground. My heart became an overcast of somber spirit clouds. But then, my mom cited a verse that she has reiterated to me throughout the years...


Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. - Matthew 10:29-30


At that second, my heart lifted into promising blue skies. God knows every sparrow that falls. His loving heart holds all creation. He uncovers every sorrow saturated rock and chips open rainbow ravished diamonds.
God, our Father, tends to His sheep and also keeps watch over sparrows in the forgettable distance. 


So, even though I witnessed life and death in a few short days, I know God is in the midst of every delicate to disastrous detail.


There is a time for everything as Ecclesiastes states. I want to witness all colored auras of life. Because, when sorrow sprouts, dancing daffodils ALWAYS bloom in the morning.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1DFHMGGZFGhDZ8oIljElhe4rsrhGM17_b

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Warrior

    Everyone goes through trials and tribulations, even unbelievers.   The Bible says, “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” Matthew 5:45.   I’ve been through the ‘loss trial’.   I lost my dad over 8 years ago and that feeling of hurt broke my ‘feeling bones’ and broke my heart.   My heart is wounded and my soul is scarred.   The journey of grief made me a stronger woman in the Lord.   It was a long, tiresome path to regularity and a different happiness.   My dad was the rock of our family, but we have to remember God is our true rock. He is our deliverer from pain and suffering.   Dads on this vapor-like earth are for a moment in time.   We have to remember God is our heavenly, everlasting Father.   I have also felt the ‘abandonment tribulation’.   No, my mom and dad didn’t leave me on a cold doorstep, but many people on t...

Pine Heart Roots

  On a Friday afternoon, I packed the car and my mom and I drove down Sea Blue Lane.   Our destination was Pine Prairie, Louisiana.   Wheels rolled down blacktop while music notes rocked and rolled through the Malibu.   We sped through Lafayette and entered “Country Land”.   As I passed by horses, my eyes lit up with little girl joy, as usual.   Cows grazed as clouds speckled their backs.   The bayous were fading behind us as pine trees started to grow in their place.   The scenery was refreshing, renewing our minds with fresh crawfish waters.   We finally arrived at my cousin, Dana’s house and parked upon O’Banion territory.   I needed to strip my bark of “stress needles” and regrow peace around my “pine heart”.       I was feeling distant from my dad.   Year after year, the roughness I once felt on his hand was smoothing.   He is branded in my heart, but I needed that brand to be lit under fire ...

Maybe...

  One routine day, my friend asked me if I wanted to meet for lunch.   Of course, I said, “Yes”.   I mean what girl could pass up pancakes?   And, of course, girl talk?   With strawberry cheesecake pancakes on my mind and sweet syrup conversation, we sat down and talked at IHOP.   Little did I know, the dollop of whip cream information she would lay out on the fluffy hotcakes.   She preceded to say that she knew a Christian man who loved God and his family.   Could this mysterious man be the creamer to my coffee?   She also threw on the blueberries that he played bass on the worship team at their church.   Sounds like a man I’d like to sing a tune with.   A little more information was exchanged of the mystical man and I thought to myself...maybe I’d divvy up the cards.   God has always led me in the right direction and maybe this meeting was the door to love.   We talked a little while more over steaming java about ...