Skip to main content

Spilled Coffee Cannot Be Against You

My morning and afternoon shattered like my mug filled with coffee. 


Boom! Splatter! Crack! Whack to the spirit. 


My morning started off in a chaotic cove that cracked and rushed with suffocating waves of “something going wrong after something going wrong”.


I have to admit…A stressful scream echoed my house. Then, I sat and cried because of my inability in the maniac moments to keep calm. I cried because I did not want to make my baby girl anxious who is still packaged and pink-bowed inside me. I cried because I wanted to keep my composure for my dog, Tucker. I cried because I had a moment of brokenness like my “Coffee and Jesus” cup. 


I felt defeated by sickness and stained coffee walls. Then, my husband called me and he said, “I felt the need to pray over you, Tucker, and our baby girl.” He told me to put the phone on speaker so our daughter could hear his voice. Well, I cried again…crystal tears of liberation and clarity. 


The Holy Spirit lighted on my husband. He then lighted upon me like the steam that hovered over the spilled coffee. 


I thought of the Bible verse, “If God is for us, who can be against us?”

No one or nothing!


Frothy coffee that has blatantly frosted the wall and floor with stickiness can’t be against you.


A puddle of “sickness” from your dog cannot be against you.


If God is for you…chaotic moments cannot be against you. They will go behind you and you will make another cup of coffee with a calmness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Warrior

    Everyone goes through trials and tribulations, even unbelievers.   The Bible says, “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” Matthew 5:45.   I’ve been through the ‘loss trial’.   I lost my dad over 8 years ago and that feeling of hurt broke my ‘feeling bones’ and broke my heart.   My heart is wounded and my soul is scarred.   The journey of grief made me a stronger woman in the Lord.   It was a long, tiresome path to regularity and a different happiness.   My dad was the rock of our family, but we have to remember God is our true rock. He is our deliverer from pain and suffering.   Dads on this vapor-like earth are for a moment in time.   We have to remember God is our heavenly, everlasting Father.   I have also felt the ‘abandonment tribulation’.   No, my mom and dad didn’t leave me on a cold doorstep, but many people on t...

Pine Heart Roots

  On a Friday afternoon, I packed the car and my mom and I drove down Sea Blue Lane.   Our destination was Pine Prairie, Louisiana.   Wheels rolled down blacktop while music notes rocked and rolled through the Malibu.   We sped through Lafayette and entered “Country Land”.   As I passed by horses, my eyes lit up with little girl joy, as usual.   Cows grazed as clouds speckled their backs.   The bayous were fading behind us as pine trees started to grow in their place.   The scenery was refreshing, renewing our minds with fresh crawfish waters.   We finally arrived at my cousin, Dana’s house and parked upon O’Banion territory.   I needed to strip my bark of “stress needles” and regrow peace around my “pine heart”.       I was feeling distant from my dad.   Year after year, the roughness I once felt on his hand was smoothing.   He is branded in my heart, but I needed that brand to be lit under fire ...

Maybe...

  One routine day, my friend asked me if I wanted to meet for lunch.   Of course, I said, “Yes”.   I mean what girl could pass up pancakes?   And, of course, girl talk?   With strawberry cheesecake pancakes on my mind and sweet syrup conversation, we sat down and talked at IHOP.   Little did I know, the dollop of whip cream information she would lay out on the fluffy hotcakes.   She preceded to say that she knew a Christian man who loved God and his family.   Could this mysterious man be the creamer to my coffee?   She also threw on the blueberries that he played bass on the worship team at their church.   Sounds like a man I’d like to sing a tune with.   A little more information was exchanged of the mystical man and I thought to myself...maybe I’d divvy up the cards.   God has always led me in the right direction and maybe this meeting was the door to love.   We talked a little while more over steaming java about ...