Skip to main content

Are you Running with Intention or Running Aimlessly

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1yoYSnEmzeKntFvFm5TcF9xX6ja-6eKjT

Are you running with intention or running aimlessly?


Are you dashing and darting, impulsively disregarding your God-given destination? 


Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. - 1 Corinthians 9:26


Are you beating the air like a punching bag, straining your mind with tedious thoughts? 


No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. - 1 Corinthians 9:27


As Christians, we have to beat our flesh into submission. We have to tame our minds with God’s peace.


After we have divinely domesticated our spirits, we can think clearly without hindrances. 


Sometimes we run without aim. We race from our minds instead of stopping and boxing grievances. 


Stand firm and box trials with intent. Knock them out with perseverance. 


We occasionally place stones of projects upon our running path, tripping us with empty healing. 


Until we run with steady concentration, we will get tired and fall in pits of distractions. 


Face the North wind, tie tightly your running shoes, and jog with joyous dedication. 


Tighten your boxing gloves and focus your eye on winning the heavenly prize. 


Until we train and strengthen our feet, we will wander off into torturous thoughts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Warrior

    Everyone goes through trials and tribulations, even unbelievers.   The Bible says, “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” Matthew 5:45.   I’ve been through the ‘loss trial’.   I lost my dad over 8 years ago and that feeling of hurt broke my ‘feeling bones’ and broke my heart.   My heart is wounded and my soul is scarred.   The journey of grief made me a stronger woman in the Lord.   It was a long, tiresome path to regularity and a different happiness.   My dad was the rock of our family, but we have to remember God is our true rock. He is our deliverer from pain and suffering.   Dads on this vapor-like earth are for a moment in time.   We have to remember God is our heavenly, everlasting Father.   I have also felt the ‘abandonment tribulation’.   No, my mom and dad didn’t leave me on a cold doorstep, but many people on t...

Pine Heart Roots

  On a Friday afternoon, I packed the car and my mom and I drove down Sea Blue Lane.   Our destination was Pine Prairie, Louisiana.   Wheels rolled down blacktop while music notes rocked and rolled through the Malibu.   We sped through Lafayette and entered “Country Land”.   As I passed by horses, my eyes lit up with little girl joy, as usual.   Cows grazed as clouds speckled their backs.   The bayous were fading behind us as pine trees started to grow in their place.   The scenery was refreshing, renewing our minds with fresh crawfish waters.   We finally arrived at my cousin, Dana’s house and parked upon O’Banion territory.   I needed to strip my bark of “stress needles” and regrow peace around my “pine heart”.       I was feeling distant from my dad.   Year after year, the roughness I once felt on his hand was smoothing.   He is branded in my heart, but I needed that brand to be lit under fire ...

Don’t let others Negotiate your Marriage

My husband and I have been married for two blissful years.  Within our years of matrimony, we are learning that outside sources can belittle your bliss. Those sources can also tense your bond, and cause your marriage braid to fray. Do NOT let that happen! Put up blockades and set boundaries to stop traffic of tension within your romantic realm.  Outside sources that negotiate your marriage: Immediate family that negotiates the peace treaty within your marriage and causes chaos. Friends that cling to you or your spouse, negotiating unwanted attention. Activities or groups that negotiate the quality time spent with your spouse. Sinful acts that splutter red ink upon the sanctity of the marriage contract. Foreign frivolities can dampen the treaty of your marriage that you have negotiated with your husband or wife. Outside sources can wet the paper and tear at your hearts causing arguments. Do NOT let that happen!  Distance yourself from family (but...