Skip to main content

How did your day “Settle”?

As the sun snuggles up to the friendly daisies and covers under light lilies, my house is at peace with sunset rays. They seem to pray over our homey kitchen as I watch the day end in glory.
.
How is your day “setting”?
.
Was your day a collage of trials and sorrow? If so, settle into God like the sun settles into the earth. 
.
He is the one that can cradle you with comfort and strength. He will give you a refreshed spirit as He cleans your armor. As you dress yourself with the newly polished armor, the sunrise will reflect off of chrome that gleams with newfound strength. 
.
Did your day settle with strife?
.
When you get off your steed in the evening, guide him to waters that refresh not only his spirit, but yours. Sit beside the rock and sip living waters that will quench mind, soul, and a parched heart. 
.
Take time to rest your spirit as the sun sets into spirited fields of Sunflowers. Take in God’s breath and breathe out rejuvenation. Wrap yourself in the warmth of God’s word amongst the valleys to stand on the battlefield once again. 
.
As the sun settles into the grinning daisies the next day, you’ll fall asleep as peace glows onto hearth and home. 
.
So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. Matthew 6:34
.
www.brandyobanion.com
.
#encouragement #encourage #encouragementquotes #god #godisgood #jesus #jesuschrist #dailydevotional #dailydevotion #devotion #christian #christianquotes #blogger #bloggersofinstagram #blogpost #writersofinstagram #writer #writersofinstagram #poet #poetsofinstagram #flowers #flowersofinstagram #sunset #sunsetphotography 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Warrior

    Everyone goes through trials and tribulations, even unbelievers.   The Bible says, “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” Matthew 5:45.   I’ve been through the ‘loss trial’.   I lost my dad over 8 years ago and that feeling of hurt broke my ‘feeling bones’ and broke my heart.   My heart is wounded and my soul is scarred.   The journey of grief made me a stronger woman in the Lord.   It was a long, tiresome path to regularity and a different happiness.   My dad was the rock of our family, but we have to remember God is our true rock. He is our deliverer from pain and suffering.   Dads on this vapor-like earth are for a moment in time.   We have to remember God is our heavenly, everlasting Father.   I have also felt the ‘abandonment tribulation’.   No, my mom and dad didn’t leave me on a cold doorstep, but many people on t...

Pine Heart Roots

  On a Friday afternoon, I packed the car and my mom and I drove down Sea Blue Lane.   Our destination was Pine Prairie, Louisiana.   Wheels rolled down blacktop while music notes rocked and rolled through the Malibu.   We sped through Lafayette and entered “Country Land”.   As I passed by horses, my eyes lit up with little girl joy, as usual.   Cows grazed as clouds speckled their backs.   The bayous were fading behind us as pine trees started to grow in their place.   The scenery was refreshing, renewing our minds with fresh crawfish waters.   We finally arrived at my cousin, Dana’s house and parked upon O’Banion territory.   I needed to strip my bark of “stress needles” and regrow peace around my “pine heart”.       I was feeling distant from my dad.   Year after year, the roughness I once felt on his hand was smoothing.   He is branded in my heart, but I needed that brand to be lit under fire ...

Fight the Good Fight

  It was a sunny, peaceful day in small town Marysville, Michigan till we got that heart-wrenching call, "Your husband's cancer has returned and it has spread."  My mom, with a calming hand, put a grocery item in the basket and turned to me, as if I was her salvation. "Brandy, your dad's cancer has come back."  Those dreadful words stung my heart.  Suddenly, the grocery store that my family and I were shopping in, began to darken with gloom.  "I felt like I was in a tunnel." my mom said, recalling that life-changing day.  The beast has come to ravage our family again.  It was time to “fight the good fight” one more time.   "Finding a way, where there is no way"   My dad, an Irish warrior, put on his armor of strength and faith.  He was ready to battle, he was ready to win, God-willing.  Even though, the Oncologist at the John D. Dingell VA Medical Center told my mom that chemotherapy and radiation woul...