Skip to main content

The Battle to Heaven’s Gate

Sometimes my mind wanders to Heaven’s gate, ‘What’s the point? I just want to go home... Jesus, come back.”

I look at the world around me and see such sinful destruction and people standing beneath loosened boulders, being crushed by unawareness. 

The mountains around us are crumbling with ravenous rage. An evil dust plumes, suffocating unknowing lungs that are breathing in every word spoken to them from demons roaming streets. 

The world is darkening with a calloused sun that once shone upon God and His righteousness. The sun dips lower with every hand upon the grandfather clock, bringing night into noonday.

The devil whispers...open ears listen with inclusive and broad malignant thoughts...”Come, come fall with me into a pit that will rip your soul out.”

Christians, we are fighting an invisible war, that needs to be recognized and fought with extremity. Pin the unseen enemy with ferocity...open the Bible as evil shakes with despair, share God in conversation as blackness flees, pray power into weakness, ‘fight the good fight’. 

My mind wanders for only a minute upon the grandfather clock, then I come and sit with God in reality: 

- We are called to be fishers of men 
- Fight for souls 
- Encourage the lowly in heart
- Run the race with endurance

We have a battle to win, let’s tack our horses with armored light and ride thousands of miles until our duties are done. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Warrior

    Everyone goes through trials and tribulations, even unbelievers.   The Bible says, “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” Matthew 5:45.   I’ve been through the ‘loss trial’.   I lost my dad over 8 years ago and that feeling of hurt broke my ‘feeling bones’ and broke my heart.   My heart is wounded and my soul is scarred.   The journey of grief made me a stronger woman in the Lord.   It was a long, tiresome path to regularity and a different happiness.   My dad was the rock of our family, but we have to remember God is our true rock. He is our deliverer from pain and suffering.   Dads on this vapor-like earth are for a moment in time.   We have to remember God is our heavenly, everlasting Father.   I have also felt the ‘abandonment tribulation’.   No, my mom and dad didn’t leave me on a cold doorstep, but many people on t...

Pine Heart Roots

  On a Friday afternoon, I packed the car and my mom and I drove down Sea Blue Lane.   Our destination was Pine Prairie, Louisiana.   Wheels rolled down blacktop while music notes rocked and rolled through the Malibu.   We sped through Lafayette and entered “Country Land”.   As I passed by horses, my eyes lit up with little girl joy, as usual.   Cows grazed as clouds speckled their backs.   The bayous were fading behind us as pine trees started to grow in their place.   The scenery was refreshing, renewing our minds with fresh crawfish waters.   We finally arrived at my cousin, Dana’s house and parked upon O’Banion territory.   I needed to strip my bark of “stress needles” and regrow peace around my “pine heart”.       I was feeling distant from my dad.   Year after year, the roughness I once felt on his hand was smoothing.   He is branded in my heart, but I needed that brand to be lit under fire ...

Fight the Good Fight

  It was a sunny, peaceful day in small town Marysville, Michigan till we got that heart-wrenching call, "Your husband's cancer has returned and it has spread."  My mom, with a calming hand, put a grocery item in the basket and turned to me, as if I was her salvation. "Brandy, your dad's cancer has come back."  Those dreadful words stung my heart.  Suddenly, the grocery store that my family and I were shopping in, began to darken with gloom.  "I felt like I was in a tunnel." my mom said, recalling that life-changing day.  The beast has come to ravage our family again.  It was time to “fight the good fight” one more time.   "Finding a way, where there is no way"   My dad, an Irish warrior, put on his armor of strength and faith.  He was ready to battle, he was ready to win, God-willing.  Even though, the Oncologist at the John D. Dingell VA Medical Center told my mom that chemotherapy and radiation woul...