Skip to main content

Don’t Negate Your Blessings

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1nQvNo2Fbtm_-rn2AQ9coGlLdRU43uxyH
No matter how big or small God’s blessings are, don’t negate them. 

Sometimes, we are blind to the simple gifts God sets before us. We ask God, “Where are you? I need you.” 

While searching for His presence, He has unwrapped a present right before our negating eyes.

Don’t place mediocrity on those small surprises, because the extravagancy of surmountable blessings will be lowered with a lulled spirit. 

Recently, my husband and I got an unexpected blessing. We were able to pay off two credit cards, thus we have no credit card debt. 

I cried tears of joy as I opened the intricate and timely ribboned blessing. 

Do not negate God’s gifts and unwrap them with a doubtful mind.

Cry and shout from the rooftops of God’s goodness!

Open your blessing with faithful fervor.

Today, unveil your eyes to all blessings, whether tiny treasures or big bowed boxes. 

Open blessings with bountiful faith and do not negate God’s presence in all presents. 

What blessing do you want to shout from the rooftop today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Warrior

    Everyone goes through trials and tribulations, even unbelievers.   The Bible says, “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” Matthew 5:45.   I’ve been through the ‘loss trial’.   I lost my dad over 8 years ago and that feeling of hurt broke my ‘feeling bones’ and broke my heart.   My heart is wounded and my soul is scarred.   The journey of grief made me a stronger woman in the Lord.   It was a long, tiresome path to regularity and a different happiness.   My dad was the rock of our family, but we have to remember God is our true rock. He is our deliverer from pain and suffering.   Dads on this vapor-like earth are for a moment in time.   We have to remember God is our heavenly, everlasting Father.   I have also felt the ‘abandonment tribulation’.   No, my mom and dad didn’t leave me on a cold doorstep, but many people on t...

Pine Heart Roots

  On a Friday afternoon, I packed the car and my mom and I drove down Sea Blue Lane.   Our destination was Pine Prairie, Louisiana.   Wheels rolled down blacktop while music notes rocked and rolled through the Malibu.   We sped through Lafayette and entered “Country Land”.   As I passed by horses, my eyes lit up with little girl joy, as usual.   Cows grazed as clouds speckled their backs.   The bayous were fading behind us as pine trees started to grow in their place.   The scenery was refreshing, renewing our minds with fresh crawfish waters.   We finally arrived at my cousin, Dana’s house and parked upon O’Banion territory.   I needed to strip my bark of “stress needles” and regrow peace around my “pine heart”.       I was feeling distant from my dad.   Year after year, the roughness I once felt on his hand was smoothing.   He is branded in my heart, but I needed that brand to be lit under fire ...

Leather Legacies

    One country night, long ago, I sat and watched “Braveheart” with my dad.   The movie was about the brave warrior, William Wallace, who wanted to free Scotland from the English vice.   I sat there, clinching at the coach with my eyes spying at the TV, then my hand.   Other climatic moments, I galloped to my room as if I was a war horse myself.   I fled to my room, to escape the truth of how excruciating war pain was.   I thought, what silver courage and brawn hearts these men had.   They rode into battle, knowing the solemn certainty, death.   The death they faced was wrenching and wrought with agony.   They fought hand-to-hand combat, fighting, clawing for their lives and land.   They fought with swords and other weapons that would make your core chatter with anguish.   I sought comfort once more in my room for the final debilitating scene.   I could not watch the torture William Wallace had to endure.   I ...