Skip to main content

Comfy Endurance

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1vXfiO_qvU0FilszC8P9Y6nPza9UP5IyX

As I sit here amongst plaid and orange Fall pillows sewed with comfort, my mind isn’t as comfy. 

I finally received my washer and dryer that seemed to be as elusive as the Autumn wind. I was so excited to use my washer, that I rushed to the hamper and unloaded some clothes into the new shiny drum.


That sheen quickly darkened as an error message lit upon the panel. My washer stopped working...


So, I will be returning both of my prizes tomorrow and will be on the search for different appliances.


But, my best friend, Jesus, sits beside me on my cushy couch as the world around me sickens with ailments. 


I sometimes think...

  • Why did my dad die?
  • Why did I have to hold my dog as he took his last breath?
  • Why have I went through so many life changes?
  • Why are there addicts in my immediate family?
  • Why is there so much hardship?
  • Why is there so much sorrow?


But then, I pull the reins back in on my horse named, Endurance. 


We are called to be strong, to trust, and to have faith in the unseen. 


No, we will never understand the tragic hardened side of life, but when we enter Heaven, our end prize, our home, all will be revealed. 


No, we will never understand the prickly cactus side if life, but God’s posh pillow-like love will always envelop our souls.


No, we will never understand the steel undertones of trials, but God’s comforter of comfort will always cover us each starry night. 


So, no, we will never understand, be we have to stand on the rock of faith. 


Face strange storms on your horse, Endurance, and gallop with trust through thick forest trials. 


Because, the light will always peak through the trees and guide you to God’s pillowy peace and oak peak power. 


Stand firm, and sit comfortably by your best friend, Jesus. 


Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. - James 1:2-3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Warrior

    Everyone goes through trials and tribulations, even unbelievers.   The Bible says, “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” Matthew 5:45.   I’ve been through the ‘loss trial’.   I lost my dad over 8 years ago and that feeling of hurt broke my ‘feeling bones’ and broke my heart.   My heart is wounded and my soul is scarred.   The journey of grief made me a stronger woman in the Lord.   It was a long, tiresome path to regularity and a different happiness.   My dad was the rock of our family, but we have to remember God is our true rock. He is our deliverer from pain and suffering.   Dads on this vapor-like earth are for a moment in time.   We have to remember God is our heavenly, everlasting Father.   I have also felt the ‘abandonment tribulation’.   No, my mom and dad didn’t leave me on a cold doorstep, but many people on t...

Pine Heart Roots

  On a Friday afternoon, I packed the car and my mom and I drove down Sea Blue Lane.   Our destination was Pine Prairie, Louisiana.   Wheels rolled down blacktop while music notes rocked and rolled through the Malibu.   We sped through Lafayette and entered “Country Land”.   As I passed by horses, my eyes lit up with little girl joy, as usual.   Cows grazed as clouds speckled their backs.   The bayous were fading behind us as pine trees started to grow in their place.   The scenery was refreshing, renewing our minds with fresh crawfish waters.   We finally arrived at my cousin, Dana’s house and parked upon O’Banion territory.   I needed to strip my bark of “stress needles” and regrow peace around my “pine heart”.       I was feeling distant from my dad.   Year after year, the roughness I once felt on his hand was smoothing.   He is branded in my heart, but I needed that brand to be lit under fire ...

Don’t let others Negotiate your Marriage

My husband and I have been married for two blissful years.  Within our years of matrimony, we are learning that outside sources can belittle your bliss. Those sources can also tense your bond, and cause your marriage braid to fray. Do NOT let that happen! Put up blockades and set boundaries to stop traffic of tension within your romantic realm.  Outside sources that negotiate your marriage: Immediate family that negotiates the peace treaty within your marriage and causes chaos. Friends that cling to you or your spouse, negotiating unwanted attention. Activities or groups that negotiate the quality time spent with your spouse. Sinful acts that splutter red ink upon the sanctity of the marriage contract. Foreign frivolities can dampen the treaty of your marriage that you have negotiated with your husband or wife. Outside sources can wet the paper and tear at your hearts causing arguments. Do NOT let that happen!  Distance yourself from family (but...