Skip to main content

Holes in the Bathtub

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=15O4XW7veJPRCl_9FY5q9gUg0yY1vHzb1
I can’t help but notice all the strife, unrest, and chaos in the world. Frigid Winter waters have frozen souls with hatred and emptiness. Hearts are lacking heated blankets of fulfillment. 


Discord is choking the world with the cord of discontent. 


I want more

I’m not happy 

I’m depressed

I’m anxious 

I need answers 

I want more 


Hearts are bathtubs full of icy water.

Hearts are bathtubs that bear holes.


Without God, fulfillment comes from worldly finds and psychology.


Gushing waters of hollow hopes fills the heart, then quickly siphons through the hidden hole at the bottom.


Splashes of enticing enlightenment fills the heart, then swiftly leaks through the masked hole in the corner.


Waves of wavering wonder fills the heart, then rapidly drains through the veiled hole at the rim. 


God fills the heart to the brim and beyond, with truth and sound love. 


God heals the depression holes with joy

God fixes anxiety holes with stability

God pads the barren holes with life


Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. - John 14:6


God fills our heart with true peace without any leaks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Warrior

    Everyone goes through trials and tribulations, even unbelievers.   The Bible says, “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” Matthew 5:45.   I’ve been through the ‘loss trial’.   I lost my dad over 8 years ago and that feeling of hurt broke my ‘feeling bones’ and broke my heart.   My heart is wounded and my soul is scarred.   The journey of grief made me a stronger woman in the Lord.   It was a long, tiresome path to regularity and a different happiness.   My dad was the rock of our family, but we have to remember God is our true rock. He is our deliverer from pain and suffering.   Dads on this vapor-like earth are for a moment in time.   We have to remember God is our heavenly, everlasting Father.   I have also felt the ‘abandonment tribulation’.   No, my mom and dad didn’t leave me on a cold doorstep, but many people on t...

Pine Heart Roots

  On a Friday afternoon, I packed the car and my mom and I drove down Sea Blue Lane.   Our destination was Pine Prairie, Louisiana.   Wheels rolled down blacktop while music notes rocked and rolled through the Malibu.   We sped through Lafayette and entered “Country Land”.   As I passed by horses, my eyes lit up with little girl joy, as usual.   Cows grazed as clouds speckled their backs.   The bayous were fading behind us as pine trees started to grow in their place.   The scenery was refreshing, renewing our minds with fresh crawfish waters.   We finally arrived at my cousin, Dana’s house and parked upon O’Banion territory.   I needed to strip my bark of “stress needles” and regrow peace around my “pine heart”.       I was feeling distant from my dad.   Year after year, the roughness I once felt on his hand was smoothing.   He is branded in my heart, but I needed that brand to be lit under fire ...

Don’t let others Negotiate your Marriage

My husband and I have been married for two blissful years.  Within our years of matrimony, we are learning that outside sources can belittle your bliss. Those sources can also tense your bond, and cause your marriage braid to fray. Do NOT let that happen! Put up blockades and set boundaries to stop traffic of tension within your romantic realm.  Outside sources that negotiate your marriage: Immediate family that negotiates the peace treaty within your marriage and causes chaos. Friends that cling to you or your spouse, negotiating unwanted attention. Activities or groups that negotiate the quality time spent with your spouse. Sinful acts that splutter red ink upon the sanctity of the marriage contract. Foreign frivolities can dampen the treaty of your marriage that you have negotiated with your husband or wife. Outside sources can wet the paper and tear at your hearts causing arguments. Do NOT let that happen!  Distance yourself from family (but...