Skip to main content

Ladies, Wait for a Man that makes you Coffee

  This morning, I woke up with my husband at 5am. I’m not always an early bluebird singing sweet songs in the dawning hours. But, I’ve been trying to get up with him to pray and read a devotion together. When I do get up with my husband, I want to serve and attend to him. I feel like we want to “out-serve” one another. He goes willingly and joyfully to work everyday to provide for our family. Not only that...he makes me “brewed with love” coffee.

Carl got up just a tid-bit before me, while I rustled myself out of bed. I was tired, but wanted to find my way through the sleepy forest. When I did, I looked upon the kitchen counter and found coffee. I looked upon this creamy caffeine delight with a smile. My helping husband knew I would need a caffeine spark. The coffee was poured with his adoration love. Peppermint mocha creamer added a dash of his rich romanticism. This gesture spoke to me this morning. It steamed with a godly’s man giving heart. 

Ladies, don’t settle on “no coffee” mornings. Pray and wait on God for your benevolent barista. If a man truly loves God, he will genuinely love your heart, soul, and mind. He will serve you with a sweetness like a pinch of sugar. I’m am blessed beyond measure to see a cup of coffee awaiting me on the counter. 

Young women, wait on your coffee mug of love. Do not give the wrong “no coffee man” your heart. Wait on God and listen to His “hark!” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Warrior

    Everyone goes through trials and tribulations, even unbelievers.   The Bible says, “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” Matthew 5:45.   I’ve been through the ‘loss trial’.   I lost my dad over 8 years ago and that feeling of hurt broke my ‘feeling bones’ and broke my heart.   My heart is wounded and my soul is scarred.   The journey of grief made me a stronger woman in the Lord.   It was a long, tiresome path to regularity and a different happiness.   My dad was the rock of our family, but we have to remember God is our true rock. He is our deliverer from pain and suffering.   Dads on this vapor-like earth are for a moment in time.   We have to remember God is our heavenly, everlasting Father.   I have also felt the ‘abandonment tribulation’.   No, my mom and dad didn’t leave me on a cold doorstep, but many people on t...

Pine Heart Roots

  On a Friday afternoon, I packed the car and my mom and I drove down Sea Blue Lane.   Our destination was Pine Prairie, Louisiana.   Wheels rolled down blacktop while music notes rocked and rolled through the Malibu.   We sped through Lafayette and entered “Country Land”.   As I passed by horses, my eyes lit up with little girl joy, as usual.   Cows grazed as clouds speckled their backs.   The bayous were fading behind us as pine trees started to grow in their place.   The scenery was refreshing, renewing our minds with fresh crawfish waters.   We finally arrived at my cousin, Dana’s house and parked upon O’Banion territory.   I needed to strip my bark of “stress needles” and regrow peace around my “pine heart”.       I was feeling distant from my dad.   Year after year, the roughness I once felt on his hand was smoothing.   He is branded in my heart, but I needed that brand to be lit under fire ...

Maybe...

  One routine day, my friend asked me if I wanted to meet for lunch.   Of course, I said, “Yes”.   I mean what girl could pass up pancakes?   And, of course, girl talk?   With strawberry cheesecake pancakes on my mind and sweet syrup conversation, we sat down and talked at IHOP.   Little did I know, the dollop of whip cream information she would lay out on the fluffy hotcakes.   She preceded to say that she knew a Christian man who loved God and his family.   Could this mysterious man be the creamer to my coffee?   She also threw on the blueberries that he played bass on the worship team at their church.   Sounds like a man I’d like to sing a tune with.   A little more information was exchanged of the mystical man and I thought to myself...maybe I’d divvy up the cards.   God has always led me in the right direction and maybe this meeting was the door to love.   We talked a little while more over steaming java about ...