Skip to main content

Flower of Grace



  The graceful flower, God's spectacle to behold.  Many vibrant colors burst with luminosity.  An array of fragrances prick the nose.  They stand here and there.  They form luscious beds in the valley.  Grow amongst tall oaks and white birch.  You might even spot one in the desert. Where ever it may be, there might just be a flower hiding.  Take a glance and you might just spot one.

  Flowers have been traded and sold to show love and fondness.  They have been given to show generosity and loyalty.  They sit upon oak tables, bringing beauty into a loving home.  Grown, to bring pretty and handsome to a yard.  Flowers,  a gift for many generations.  God spoke and said, "let there be flowers."  The seed grew and behold, a Flower of Grace.


Flower of Grace

     
Flower of grace, what say you?
Behold, my lovely lavenders
Sweet honeysuckle bells

What stance of pure, cream, lily beauty
Stance of dignity and honor I speak
Respect, I shall seek
Under-foot, I shall not creep
 
Pretty pastels pop and zoom
Trample I? you shall not
With sprinkles and wash of rain
Seedling, sprout, bang, bloom!

Queen of the prairie lands
I uphold with prestige
The auburn wheat, my frilly gown
Auroral sunbeams cast down

Flower of grace, what say you?
Behold my silvery tinsel petals
my fluorescent emerald leaves

Smother me with dense dirt,
Whisper a prayer, dance a jig
twist and malleable work

Candy apple red roses,
Violet perennials galore
Purple lilacs of worth

Flower of Grace, What say you?
Behold, I am grace
  Invite me to your crystal vase

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Warrior

    Everyone goes through trials and tribulations, even unbelievers.   The Bible says, “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” Matthew 5:45.   I’ve been through the ‘loss trial’.   I lost my dad over 8 years ago and that feeling of hurt broke my ‘feeling bones’ and broke my heart.   My heart is wounded and my soul is scarred.   The journey of grief made me a stronger woman in the Lord.   It was a long, tiresome path to regularity and a different happiness.   My dad was the rock of our family, but we have to remember God is our true rock. He is our deliverer from pain and suffering.   Dads on this vapor-like earth are for a moment in time.   We have to remember God is our heavenly, everlasting Father.   I have also felt the ‘abandonment tribulation’.   No, my mom and dad didn’t leave me on a cold doorstep, but many people on t...

Pine Heart Roots

  On a Friday afternoon, I packed the car and my mom and I drove down Sea Blue Lane.   Our destination was Pine Prairie, Louisiana.   Wheels rolled down blacktop while music notes rocked and rolled through the Malibu.   We sped through Lafayette and entered “Country Land”.   As I passed by horses, my eyes lit up with little girl joy, as usual.   Cows grazed as clouds speckled their backs.   The bayous were fading behind us as pine trees started to grow in their place.   The scenery was refreshing, renewing our minds with fresh crawfish waters.   We finally arrived at my cousin, Dana’s house and parked upon O’Banion territory.   I needed to strip my bark of “stress needles” and regrow peace around my “pine heart”.       I was feeling distant from my dad.   Year after year, the roughness I once felt on his hand was smoothing.   He is branded in my heart, but I needed that brand to be lit under fire ...

Don’t let others Negotiate your Marriage

My husband and I have been married for two blissful years.  Within our years of matrimony, we are learning that outside sources can belittle your bliss. Those sources can also tense your bond, and cause your marriage braid to fray. Do NOT let that happen! Put up blockades and set boundaries to stop traffic of tension within your romantic realm.  Outside sources that negotiate your marriage: Immediate family that negotiates the peace treaty within your marriage and causes chaos. Friends that cling to you or your spouse, negotiating unwanted attention. Activities or groups that negotiate the quality time spent with your spouse. Sinful acts that splutter red ink upon the sanctity of the marriage contract. Foreign frivolities can dampen the treaty of your marriage that you have negotiated with your husband or wife. Outside sources can wet the paper and tear at your hearts causing arguments. Do NOT let that happen!  Distance yourself from family (but...