Skip to main content

God Willing





Our dreams may take us to the hills of Ireland or the fortress of Harvard.  We may want to stroll the paths of love with our soul-mate or ride alone on horse-back through the Glen.  We plan our steps, but God's will directs our paths.  The path may be troublesome and rocky, like the Scottish Highlands.  The path may be level and smooth, like the prairies.  Either path, God will never leave or forsake us.  God's will is the captain of our lives.  We want certain desires of our heart.  God knows our hearts and His will is upon those desires.



God Willing

 What does the dusty tomorrow hold?
Does it bring shine and polish?
Does it grow new cherry blossoms?
Does it sprinkle sun drips or tickle mists?

Fortune cookies and fortune tellers speak tales
God's will, casts spiritual light on days to come
His will may grow lavender and paint green days
Fiction may store in Fact's chest of secrets
Dreams may blossom into periwinkle truth flowers

We have all trodden alongside denial
The reality twister will soon flog the house
Yet, God's Will is an ally and a warm friend

His will is sent on a breezy sun-chapped day
It grows juicy cucumbers and sea green collards
 God willing, rain drenches these parched plains!

His will, may be persuaded by faithful prayer
His decision may be cactus's and rough patches
 Yet, his will is wise and keen
It weaves the future into gray or baby blue days
The will, of the Appaloosa bellows, frolic and play!

What does the day hold, clouds and must?
Does it carry a basket full of red strawberries?
Does God's chosen color match tickle pink?
Does the Sun wrap the earth, God willing!


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Warrior

    Everyone goes through trials and tribulations, even unbelievers.   The Bible says, “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” Matthew 5:45.   I’ve been through the ‘loss trial’.   I lost my dad over 8 years ago and that feeling of hurt broke my ‘feeling bones’ and broke my heart.   My heart is wounded and my soul is scarred.   The journey of grief made me a stronger woman in the Lord.   It was a long, tiresome path to regularity and a different happiness.   My dad was the rock of our family, but we have to remember God is our true rock. He is our deliverer from pain and suffering.   Dads on this vapor-like earth are for a moment in time.   We have to remember God is our heavenly, everlasting Father.   I have also felt the ‘abandonment tribulation’.   No, my mom and dad didn’t leave me on a cold doorstep, but many people on t...

Pine Heart Roots

  On a Friday afternoon, I packed the car and my mom and I drove down Sea Blue Lane.   Our destination was Pine Prairie, Louisiana.   Wheels rolled down blacktop while music notes rocked and rolled through the Malibu.   We sped through Lafayette and entered “Country Land”.   As I passed by horses, my eyes lit up with little girl joy, as usual.   Cows grazed as clouds speckled their backs.   The bayous were fading behind us as pine trees started to grow in their place.   The scenery was refreshing, renewing our minds with fresh crawfish waters.   We finally arrived at my cousin, Dana’s house and parked upon O’Banion territory.   I needed to strip my bark of “stress needles” and regrow peace around my “pine heart”.       I was feeling distant from my dad.   Year after year, the roughness I once felt on his hand was smoothing.   He is branded in my heart, but I needed that brand to be lit under fire ...

Fight the Good Fight

  It was a sunny, peaceful day in small town Marysville, Michigan till we got that heart-wrenching call, "Your husband's cancer has returned and it has spread."  My mom, with a calming hand, put a grocery item in the basket and turned to me, as if I was her salvation. "Brandy, your dad's cancer has come back."  Those dreadful words stung my heart.  Suddenly, the grocery store that my family and I were shopping in, began to darken with gloom.  "I felt like I was in a tunnel." my mom said, recalling that life-changing day.  The beast has come to ravage our family again.  It was time to “fight the good fight” one more time.   "Finding a way, where there is no way"   My dad, an Irish warrior, put on his armor of strength and faith.  He was ready to battle, he was ready to win, God-willing.  Even though, the Oncologist at the John D. Dingell VA Medical Center told my mom that chemotherapy and radiation woul...